Interview with NEA!






NEA! is the new Italodisco artist from Germany.She belong to the New Generation of Italodisco.She is solo artist and her real name is Sylvia Martens.Her producers come from Russia and Spain.

Hello,NEA

Hello Igor,thank you very much that i can talk about me and my music with you!

Today i want to talk with you about italodisco and of course you as an amazing artist of new generation.So tell me in few sentences who is NEA?

What should i say about me? One year ago i started to bring back the music of the 80s, because i love these melodic synthiepop. I love this kind of music - it never will be die. And now NEA! is the first music act in this style from Germany. The new generation of italodisco. I belong to the worldwide awaking scene of italodisco,look to countries like Sweden, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Poland or Russia. Italodisco is there a great new wave of music.

Ok.Is NEA your real name?

No, NEA! is not my real name it is my artist name. My real name is Sylvia Martens.

Ok.Tell me more about name NEA,how is created and did every letter means something?

Yes,there are reasons to choose the name NEA. NEA on greek means new and on the otherside you surely know the neon colours from the 80s, so NEA! is a mix between NEW and NEON.

When people watching NEA on tv or concert probably on first look will see red hair,so tell me is this your trademark?

Maybe my red hair is my typical trademark now,but i love the change. So in the future my hair will be blond. I love these changes very much! My typical trademark as NEA! is my special little bag. It looks like the famous Rubik cube from the 80s.

Are you have influences before you start with music?

Yes of course,i like the music from international pop artists like Phil Collins, Michael Jackson,Bronski Beat or Spandau Ballett. It's great music,nobody will forget their hits. In my live performance i cover the song "Smalltown boy" from Bronski Beat.

90s,eurodance,some artists join this style? What do you think about that,are eurodance keep italodisco feeling?

I believe that eurodance have his roots in italodisco. But my opinion is that italodisco is more emotional. Thats why I decided to make music in the style of italodisco.

When i listen to upcoming song Puppy Love(Are You Remember) i feel real 80s atmosphere.Is this a new italodisco anthem?

Thank you for your compliment. It would be nice if our music could be a new italodisco anthem. But we don`t want do any song in retrostyle,our new album in spring 2016 will show some sound surprises. In the past we were looking for a typical NEA sound and now we found it!

Well is this "sound suprises" some new elements for italodisco or performance on other way?

Yes,there are some new sound elements in the style of italodisco. This mix we called NEA sound. And the live performance of NEA is very special: With two dancers in clothes with LED lights and lasergloves.

Album of NEA is out in spring 2016,is the name a secret?

Yes,the name of the album is a secret. It should be a surprise for all the NEA fans.

Describe NEA music team in 3 words?

creative,Friedly,Awesome

What do you think about other italodisco artists?

We have great respect and love their music.

Best moment in career till now?

The exclusive contract with famous record company ZYX Music.

Ok.What do you think about current music scene?

I hope that the current scene will be different and creative.

Are you have any message for new artists and italodisco fans?

My message is: Go your own way! You can fall but you have to stand up! And to the fans: Make this music more famous!

Thanks for interview!

Thank you very much,it was great pleasure!