Interview with Andrey Palchikov aka D-Base (Digital Base Project)

Interview with producer Andrey Palchikov aka D-Base
Photo by Andrey Palchikov/eurodancemag
Andrey Palchikov is a russian eurodance producer/remixer from Perm,for the fans of the eurodance music he is better known as D-Base or DuoBuzz and as the producer of Digital Base Project.

🎙Hello Andrey

Hi!

🎙Can you tell me more about you, first touch with music and how did you start your musical career?

I live in Perm, this is a city in Russia. I first tried writing music in 2002. It was more like pampering. But around 2007, I returned to music. At that time I really enjoyed recording tracks and bootlegs in the style of Eurodance 90s. Many guys started writing this kind of music in parallel with me. At that time we had a large community of Eurodance fans in Russia and Ukraine.

🎙Can you describe your musical style in a few sentences?

It is important for me to convey to the listener all the Energy and melody. Your body should never stop while my music is playing. I try to do just that.

🎙Tell me about your music influences?

I can't say that I was influenced by the music of one or two bands. Eurodance in the 90s was so massive and diverse that it is difficult to single out anyone. But I try to take the best from Eurodance music. Of course I try to make my sound match the classic Eurodance sound.

🎙Best decade of music for you and why?

Of course, the 90s. For me, this is a special period in world music. I grew up with this music, so it is forever in my heart. There is no other way to explain it.

🎙Do you have favourite artist or album and with whom would you like to do a collaboration?

I don’t have any one favorite artist. A lot of them. If we call the main ones, then it will probably be Masterboy, DJ Bobo, Culture Beat, Fan Factory. Of course it would be very cool to work with them. Once I took part in the work on a single with Tina Safrany. It was really cool. So my dream came true partially.

🎙If you went to a desert island which album would you like to take with yourself?

This is an extremely difficult choice. But I think that DJ Bobo's "There's a Party" album could ease my lonely days on the island. With him, I certainly would not be sad.

🎙Music is a such mess today.There are many artists and the releases are exactly the same. Can you tell me what do you think about it?

I think that many modern composers do not try to invent something of their own, but simply copy what is fashionable now. Please note that there are too many covers of songs from the past because many people do not try to write original melodies and lyrics. In addition, the melodies in modern tracks have become very simple. Therefore, modern songs seem to be similar to each other. But there are also many good things.

🎙Eurodance fans may know you from Digital Base Project as producer of the group under pseudonym D-Base. Can you reveal the story behind the band?

This was around 2010. I met rappers Victor (Freeze) and Fuad (FatFoont) and we decided to create our own Eurodance project. At that time there were very few projects doing original Eurodance songs and we decided to give it a try. I had several tracks, we invited a female vocalist and recorded the first single. The reviews were good and we decided to continue. In March 2012 we have already released the first album "Eurotrip" with vocals by Ira Vain. After that, the rapper Ruslan (Dagoth) joined the project. Together we wrote three more albums. "We are Together" was released in 2014, "3reedom" in 2016. And in 2018 the fourth album "Call of 4 the Stars" was released. Tanya Starkova and Mi-Lenika sang in these albums. The most recent songs written are "Pay to Win" and "Short Days".

🎙Current Digital Base Project lineup?

Today, the project includes the same Dagoth, FatFoont and Freeze as rappers and D-Base as a producer. Lyrics for the songs are mainly written by Dagoth and Freeze.

🎙Describe working with your band members in a few sentences?

Everyone with whom I had a chance to work as part of the project are real talents and fans of their work. I am grateful to everyone who participated and is participating in our project. I gained a lot of experience and positive emotions working with absolutely everyone.

🎙Are you working on new music and new projects?

I continue to work on new tracks for the Digital Base. I also sometimes help my friends Dagoth and FatFoont with writing music for their own projects. Sometimes I do Eurodance remixes if someone asks for it.

🎙At the end how is Andrey in a real life?

I am an ordinary humble guy from Russia. I work as a builder. I like good music, movies and video games.

🎙Message for the fans and where they can find you and Digital Base Project?

The tracks of our project can be found in all major online services. These are YouTube, Spotify, Amazon and many others. There are also Facebook and VK pages. In the future, I plan to make a website dedicated to the Digital Base project. https://facebook.com/DigitalBaseProject
https://vk.com/digibase

🎙Thanks Andrey for your time and this interview.

Thank you!
D-Base